Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
Guilford County and its municipalities will be working together in the spring of 2015 to update the existing Guilford County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan that will serve as the blueprint for helping make our communities more resilient to disasters. The general purposes of the plan are:
- To protect life and property by reducing the potential for future damages and economic losses that result from natural, man-made, and technological hazards;
- Allow the participating communities to qualify for pre- and post-disaster grants;
- Speed recovery and redevelopment following disaster events;
- Demonstrate a firm local commitment to hazard mitigation principles; and to
- Comply with state and federal requirements for disaster recovery and mitigation funding.
You can access the Hazard Mitigation Plan through the link below:
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding the plan draft, please contact Guilford County Emergency Management at 336-641-2278.