Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
Guilford County and its municipalities will be working together in the spring of 2015 to update the existing Guilford County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan that will serve as the blueprint for helping make our communities more resilient to disasters. The general purposes of the plan are:
- To protect life and property by reducing the potential for future damages and economic losses that result from natural, man-made, and technological hazards;
- Allow the participating communities to qualify for pre- and post-disaster grants;
- Speed recovery and redevelopment following disaster events;
- Demonstrate a firm local commitment to hazard mitigation principles; and to
- Comply with state and federal requirements for disaster recovery and mitigation funding.
2015 Hazard Mitigation Plan Update Review
The 2015 Guilford County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan draft has been completed and is now in the review phase. To foster the community involvement process, we would like to invite all community members to review the plan. The plan can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding the plan draft, please contact Guilford County Emergency Management at 336-641-2278.