The ReadyNC mobile application is an all-in-one tool that both residents and visitors can use to get the latest weather, traffic, and hazard information, as well as important preparedness
The mobile application was developed by N.C. Emergency Management using Citizen Corps funds that are designated to foster emergency preparedness.
The app provides users with:
- real-time traffic and weather information
- critical information on how to be safe during different hazardous events
- real-time information about opened shelters for evacuees (including addresses, capacity, directions and if the shelter is pet-friendly)
- real-time updates on flood levels of major nearby creeks and rivers
- phone numbers and links to all North Carolina power companies to report outages
- basic instructions on how to develop emergency plans and what to put in your emergency supplies kit
- real-time information on which counties have issued evacuation orders
- contact numbers and links to websites for those who need help recovering from a disaster
- direct links to the ReadyNC.org and NCDPS.gov websites and social media accounts
The app is free and available now in the AppStore for iPhones and Google Play for Android devices.
The new mobile app does not replace calling 911; however, it can be used to find life-saving information.